So here is the latest on the situation (Baby Boy due May 1st in UT): The birth mother is dealing with some very rough situations in her life. As a result they have put her on hold for presenting profiles. The agency believes she still might place her baby with a family, but she might not choose a family until after she delivers. Please pray for this birth mother. I cannot imagine dealing with what she is going through right now. Now that this situation is on hold we are waiting for other situations to present. Here is hoping we will have more soon or get a call in the next few weeks that this birth mother in Utah has delivered and chosen us.
On a positive note, we received great news from one of the organizations (ABBA Fund) who awards interest free adoption loans. We have been approved! This is wonderful news :-) The plan is to use this interest free loan and pay it off after we receive our Adoption Tax Credit when we file our 2012 taxes. The amazing part is that the average amount they loan is the exact amount we need. God is so very good! If you are interested in learning more about this organization, click on the following link: ABBA Fund.
1) Please continue to pray for one of my great friends from nursing school (Jill) and her husband (Tony). Their beautiful daughter named Adelaide was born in November with two holes in her heart. She had open heart surgery last week. There were a few scary spells where she stopped breathing, but has since been doing well. To make this situation even more stressful on them, their other daughter, Lucy, developed a fever and an ear infection the day before Adelaide was to be discharged home. They postponed discharge one day and now Lucy is fever free and doing better and Adelaide is home. Please continue to pray for this family.
2) Please continue to pray for my co-worker's grandson, Jack. He was born in December and has been in the NICU since delivery. They did a lung biopsy and diagnosed him with a rare lung disease of pulmonary interstitial glycogenesis. He recently had surgery for a tracheotomy and a G-Tube (tube in stomach for feeding). He was transferred last week from NICU to Infant ICU and they are planning on discharging him home on a ventilator. They just started the trials of the vent that they will send him home on. My co-worker's name is Kathie.